Finally, here is the post that Huda tagged me for. I’m extremely sorry for delaying it this much. And I had reasons as well. First of all, I was busy. And this is no lame excuse I tell you :-). Secondly, whatever I have been writing about recently, didn’t require any thinking at all, I mean it was just about my observation or feelings, and I just translated them into words. But this post really required some thinking. And third, I’m not good at listing things :-(…
Ohh well, these three points above could very well have been random points about me :-P. And I say this because I don’t know where to start writing about myself. But anyways, here are the 25 random things about me.
- I like winters. I like the start of them, when it starts to get foggy and all dewy early in the morning.
- I love sight seeing. One of my dreams is to visit the northern areas of Pakistan, all of them. Although I have been to many places already but I’d love to go there again and stay there for a long time.
- I think I’m a bit adventurous. I want to go bungee jump and scuba dive and do all those weird things that parents usually ask their children to stay away from… 🙂
- I can’t live without food. Well, obviously no one can live without food, but my case is a bit different. I eat A LOT. I live to eat.
- I like reading but not too much. I mean, if I see a good title, or one that appeals me and sounds interesting or a must read, I’d want to buy it but I can never be sure if I’d really read it or not. But I do try my best to find some time out of my schedule to read.
- I like collecting books. All types of them, and in all forms. I once had a huge, HUGE collection of E-books related to software engineering. I still have some novels that I bought thinking that I’d read them, but I haven’t still read them :-(. I want to have a library of my own. A small one, but having great titles.
- I like writing. This is something I really like doing. But haven’t been getting time recently to write much.
- I like reading poetry. In fact, I love reading poetry. I had such a huge collection of poetry at the time I resigned from work but I lost it (that was one bad experience :-(). I still have a good collection but its not as good as the one I had. Or probably I had associations with that poetry collection.
- I like listening to slow songs and ghazals. Old classical Indian songs are my favorites.
- I like singing as well. I once tried to perform in front of a small gathering, for auditions for an event, but I failed badly :-P. But I still like singing.
- I don’t have too many friends. Or I should rather say, I don’t have too many close friends, but the ones I have are just too special. I love them, and I can’t even think about losing them.
- I love rasmalayi. I so love it. I love all sweet dishes like Shahi tukray, Kheer, Halwa, Falooda but rasmalayi is so special.
- I love rice. I can even eat rice thrice a day, seven days a week.
- I like doing sports. My favorite sports are Table Tennis, volleyball (that’s probably because of my height), badminton, and cricket.
- I don’t know swimming. And that’s something I have always wanted to learn. Most of my cousins know it, my brother, my dad, my uncles, everyone knows it, but I don’t :-(. I don’t even know how my brother learnt it but he did and I still don’t know how to swim. But I’ll learn swimming, this is something I really want to do…
- I have recently been very confused with what I want to do with my life. I think I want to study and get a PhD. Or maybe not. Or maybe not now but a little later. Or maybe I’d just let this idea go. Not sure really.
- I am really trying very hard to control my anger. This is something I don’t have control over, and something that really puts me in bad situations at times.
- I love kids. I love their observations and how they learn. I love the way they know how to play with things one could never imagine playing with. I just love kids.
- And amazingly enough, kids somehow love me too. Or at least I think they love me :-).
- I have a weak memory. And an even weaker short term memory :-(. Not that I forget things every 15 minutes, but still, it isn’t too good. And people close to me know this very well :-).
- I think I’m a bit sensitive as well. I can easily get hurt. Maybe that’s because I easily trust people. I believe in people and in what they say.
- Ohh and that makes it another point about me, I trust people very easily :-).
- I forgive people easily as well. I don’t know why, but I do. Maybe this is in attempt to get rid of my anger that I do it, but I do.
- I want to do something big in life. I want to be remembered. Maybe through my writings (maybe one day I’ll write something worth remembering :-)), or maybe through my nature, or I don’t know through what, but I want to be remembered.
- I want to learn different languages. Don’t want to be perfect at each language, but just want to be able to understand the basics… Currently I’m TRYING to learn sindhi :-).
Well, this didn’t take much time. Actually it did take time, as I had to go and take a class after I had only written the first 15 points. But at least, this didn’t require much thinking :-). Almost everyone I know is tagged. So it can’t be 25 tags but I’ll tag the following.
Thank you Huda for tagging me for this post.