Posted by Haris Gulzar on January 14, 2010
Still have one more exam to take, and that too tomorrow. Not in the mood of studying for that paper :-P. Have some washing and ironing to do, then have to pack my stuff because I won’t have enough time to pack things up after the paper, and obviously have some blogs to read as well :-P. I guess I’d be away from my blog for more than 15 days after today because of no internet back at home (I don’t think any internet package would suit me for 15 days only), although I’d try my best to make use of the dialup internet. And yeah, the washing machine here is still that old steel wire operated machine, the one I described in one of my earlier posts 😛 (Click here to go to that post). Will also have to mop my room so that it feels nice and gives a good look when I come back 🙂
I have been told its cold there in Lahore. At least more than what it is here, although the past few days here were good too. But it wasn’t the same as what the winters in Lahore are. I hope the fog stays in Lahore for some more time, I hope the temperatures stay down for some more time, although I know it really has been creating a lot of problems for the general public and for travelers but I guess it won’t make much of a difference for a couple of days more hahaha (is that selfishness?).
I just recalled that my blogoversary is also coming in a few days, and I’d be in Lahore at that time, lets just see if I can write something for the 1st anniversary of my blog… I hope all of you take good care of yourselves, and I hope I stay in touch with all the blogs I follow (including mine), and I hope you all stay in touch with my blog too :-P.
Posted in English | 12 Comments »
Posted by Haris Gulzar on January 10, 2010
The following trick is described as the best card trick in the world:
Well, there are two strange things in this video. One is obviously the trick itself, but during the trick when the person waves his hand over the cards, does he say Hezbullah as the magic word? I really didn’t understand the purpose of using this word in a trick. What exactly did the person mean? Was it just random or was it on purpose? Or was it not this word at all?
Posted in English | 3 Comments »
Posted by Haris Gulzar on January 7, 2010
1) Exams :-(. And I’m not well prepared…
2) Missing Muneeba badly… Whenever I talk to her on phone, she tells me the number of days remaining for me to reach Lahore.
3) The only motivation I have to take my exams is that I’ll get to go back once my exams are finished. Looking forward to the journey and to the trip to Lahore…
4) I keep on telling myself not to read other blogs because I’m supposed to be busy preparing for my exams. Although I have been reading a few blogs, but I’m trying my best not to comment on other blogs, so that everyone gets this feeling that I’m busy :-(.
5) Only one semester remaining after this, Insha-Allah 🙂
Posted in English | 18 Comments »
Posted by Haris Gulzar on January 4, 2010
کرو وعدہ میرے مرنے پر آؤ گے
اور مجھے اپنے ہاتھوں سے دفناؤ گے
آؤ گے میری میّت پہ اپنوں کی طرح
سامنے دنیا کے آنسو بھی بہاؤ گے
بتاؤ گے نہ کسی کو ہماری علیحدگی کا
وہی پرانا پیار دنیا کو دکھاؤ گے
دو گے سب سے زیادہ کاندھہ مجھے
عمر بھر میرے نام سے نہ گھبراؤ گے
چھوڑ کر زمانے بھر کی خوشیاں میرے لیئے
اور میرے دل سے اپنا غم مٹاؤ گے
روز آیا کرو گے میری قبر پر
اور دعا کے لیئے ہاتھ بھی اٹھاؤ گے
کرو وعدہ میرے مرنے پر آؤ گے۔ ۔ ۔
Posted in Urdu | 20 Comments »
Posted by Haris Gulzar on January 3, 2010
I have been trying to find time to write something but as usual, projects, assignments and exams keep me busy :-(. Today, a friend sent me the following and I thought about posting it to my blog. There couldn’t have been a better way to write my first post of year 2010 :-). These are some of the great pick-up lines (Use them at your own risk :-P).
1) Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
2) Do you have a map? I just got lost in your eyes…
3) You don’t need car keys to drive me crazy…
4) If you were a new burger at McDonald’s, you would be McGorgeous 😛
5) Do your feet hurt from running through my dreams all night?
6) There must be something wrong with my eyes, coz I can’t seem to take them off you!
My final exams are just 4 days away now :-(. I’d try to keep posting at least something and to keep reading other blogs as well. Need your prayers…
Posted in English | 14 Comments »