The Final Week of 2009 Meme
Posted by Haris Gulzar on December 30, 2009
I saw this post here and really wanted to answer the questions myself as well. The questions really attracted me. I am also copying the picture from where I saw the post, and I didn’t even ask for permission if I can copy the picture or not 🙂 (Only told the author that I’m copying the picture :-P)…
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
1) Missed a couple of my friends very very badly at times.
2) Started blogging :-).
3) Developed a passion of having my own library…
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never made any resolutions. And lets see if I’ll make some for the coming year or not.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
We have a bonfire and BBQ at our hostel. Besides I have lots of projects to submit, lots of assignments to complete and lots of course to prepare for the final exams…
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather did. I couldn’t even see him for the last time :-(. And I was really very close to him.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
The list is just too long to be mentioned here 🙂
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Because this post is going public, I won’t mention that date and the reason here 🙂
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Developing a passion for writing I think…
9. What was your biggest failure?
1) I have really tried hard to control my anger but have failed badly
2) I realized very late that living in your past doesn’t lead you anywhere, and that whatever happens, life goes on…
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have been ill several times. Constant Migrane and consistent Flu and sore throat…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Didn’t do much shopping being a student, and can’t recall if I bought anything worth mentioning here
12. Where did most of your money go?
In my education and expenses related to it
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
No specific song. Although I have liked many songs but I can’t associate any of them with this year.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Be regular with my prayers
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Whine about what had already happened and living in my past
16. What was your favourite TV program?
I only watched TV in summers when I was at home, that too only twice or thrice a week, and no specific program, just whatever was playing…
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. In fact I think I love more people now than I did this time last year 🙂
18. What was the best book you read?
I have mostly been reading my course books, and OBVIOUSLY, none of them can be rated as best :-P.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I have mostly listened to songs sung by those who were singers before 2009 as well :-), so no specific discoveries this year…
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Many! And I can’t exactly recall if I watched some of those movies in early 2009 or late 2008. I have watched some excellent Indian as well as English movies this year…
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Spent time with ammi at my relatives as she was here in Karachi those days, and got the cards made by Muneeba and fell in love with those cards!!
22. What kept you sane?
My friends. No doubt about that…
23. Who did you miss?
I missed Muneeba the most, apart from summers obviously when I was at home. Missed my grandfather a lot after he died. I really wanted to talk to him in our specific way. And I missed a couple of my very close friends…
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I met many new people but no one has proven to be the best so far 😛
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
As I said earlier as well, Life Goes On, and that living in past only ruins you more…