25 Random points about me
Posted by Haris Gulzar on November 14, 2009
Finally, here is the post that Huda tagged me for. I’m extremely sorry for delaying it this much. And I had reasons as well. First of all, I was busy. And this is no lame excuse I tell you🙂. Secondly, whatever I have been writing about recently, didn’t require any thinking at all, I mean it was just about my observation or feelings, and I just translated them into words. But this post really required some thinking. And third, I’m not good at listing things :-(…
Ohh well, these three points above could very well have been random points about me😛. And I say this because I don’t know where to start writing about myself. But anyways, here are the 25 random things about me.
- I like winters. I like the start of them, when it starts to get foggy and all dewy early in the morning.
- I love sight seeing. One of my dreams is to visit the northern areas of Pakistan, all of them. Although I have been to many places already but I’d love to go there again and stay there for a long time.
- I think I’m a bit adventurous. I want to go bungee jump and scuba dive and do all those weird things that parents usually ask their children to stay away from…🙂
- I can’t live without food. Well, obviously no one can live without food, but my case is a bit different. I eat A LOT. I live to eat.
- I like reading but not too much. I mean, if I see a good title, or one that appeals me and sounds interesting or a must read, I’d want to buy it but I can never be sure if I’d really read it or not. But I do try my best to find some time out of my schedule to read.
- I like collecting books. All types of them, and in all forms. I once had a huge, HUGE collection of E-books related to software engineering. I still have some novels that I bought thinking that I’d read them, but I haven’t still read them😦. I want to have a library of my own. A small one, but having great titles.
- I like writing. This is something I really like doing. But haven’t been getting time recently to write much.
- I like reading poetry. In fact, I love reading poetry. I had such a huge collection of poetry at the time I resigned from work but I lost it (that was one bad experience :-(). I still have a good collection but its not as good as the one I had. Or probably I had associations with that poetry collection.
- I like listening to slow songs and ghazals. Old classical Indian songs are my favorites.
- I like singing as well. I once tried to perform in front of a small gathering, for auditions for an event, but I failed badly😛. But I still like singing.
- I don’t have too many friends. Or I should rather say, I don’t have too many close friends, but the ones I have are just too special. I love them, and I can’t even think about losing them.
- I love rasmalayi. I so love it. I love all sweet dishes like Shahi tukray, Kheer, Halwa, Falooda but rasmalayi is so special.
- I love rice. I can even eat rice thrice a day, seven days a week.
- I like doing sports. My favorite sports are Table Tennis, volleyball (that’s probably because of my height), badminton, and cricket.
- I don’t know swimming. And that’s something I have always wanted to learn. Most of my cousins know it, my brother, my dad, my uncles, everyone knows it, but I don’t😦. I don’t even know how my brother learnt it but he did and I still don’t know how to swim. But I’ll learn swimming, this is something I really want to do…
- I have recently been very confused with what I want to do with my life. I think I want to study and get a PhD. Or maybe not. Or maybe not now but a little later. Or maybe I’d just let this idea go. Not sure really.
- I am really trying very hard to control my anger. This is something I don’t have control over, and something that really puts me in bad situations at times.
- I love kids. I love their observations and how they learn. I love the way they know how to play with things one could never imagine playing with. I just love kids.
- And amazingly enough, kids somehow love me too. Or at least I think they love me🙂.
- I have a weak memory. And an even weaker short term memory😦. Not that I forget things every 15 minutes, but still, it isn’t too good. And people close to me know this very well🙂.
- I think I’m a bit sensitive as well. I can easily get hurt. Maybe that’s because I easily trust people. I believe in people and in what they say.
- Ohh and that makes it another point about me, I trust people very easily🙂.
- I forgive people easily as well. I don’t know why, but I do. Maybe this is in attempt to get rid of my anger that I do it, but I do.
- I want to do something big in life. I want to be remembered. Maybe through my writings (maybe one day I’ll write something worth remembering :-)), or maybe through my nature, or I don’t know through what, but I want to be remembered.
- I want to learn different languages. Don’t want to be perfect at each language, but just want to be able to understand the basics… Currently I’m TRYING to learn sindhi🙂.
Well, this didn’t take much time. Actually it did take time, as I had to go and take a class after I had only written the first 15 points. But at least, this didn’t require much thinking🙂. Almost everyone I know is tagged. So it can’t be 25 tags but I’ll tag the following.
Thank you Huda for tagging me for this post.
This entry was posted on November 14, 2009 at 1:59 pm and is filed under English. Tagged: Aiwien, Blogging, Miscellaneous, Tags. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.